I was recently nominated by two lovely bloggers, BDD & Me and Cherishing Secrets! I am extremely grateful for the nominations and the acknowledgement, as I’ve only recently starting blogging. I’m super excited to continue connecting with more and more bloggers in the community.
This award was made by Okoto Enigma and you can find her original post here.
WHAT IS THE MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
3 THINGS ABOUT ME
001. I want a pet snake so bad. I’ve wanted a ball python since I was 11 years old and to this day, would die to get one. The only problem is that my mom’s boyfriend is terrified so he won’t let me have one in his house. But trust me, as soon as I get my own place, I’ll have Ball Pythons and a Mexican Black King Snake to show you all! Currently I have a kitten named Rajah that we recently adopted. He is an adorable baby full of cuddles and love.
002. My boyfriend and I want a Shiba Inu (or 2 or 3) in the future. I’m absolutely obsessed with them and got to play with one recently which was the highlight of my life, honestly. Please feel free to send me Shiba pictures or videos to my twitter! It would light my day right up. Here is the Shiba puppy sniffing me:
003. My biggest aspiration in life is to travel around the world. I am really curious about different cultures, foods, lifestyles, and beautiful places the world has to offer! I hope to study abroad in South Korea and be able to speak a third language fluently. I’ve been working on learning Japanese for a few years now but because it’s been so on and off (I’ve been uncommitted, to say the least), I haven’t gotten as far as I’d like. Hopefully I can visit Japan, South Korea, Australia, Europe, and a whole bunch of other places too!
BDD & ME’S QUESTIONS:
Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging because I had a lot of free time on my hands and I was feeling really unsatisfied with how unproductive the things I was using it for were. I’m also a writer who had stopped writing, and that really scared me. Writing is something that I love to do (mostly poetry and such) but I didn’t have anything to motivate me to do it. I still haven’t been doing much creative writing (I hope to start again soon). However, I really just needed a place to let my thoughts free and such. Blogging has really given me that opportunity.
What advice would you give to new bloggers?
As a new blogger myself, I’d say to just go for it. Say what you need to say and don’t censor it. At the end of the day, it is your blog. Don’t think too much about what your mom is going to say or what your friends are going to think. If your blog was starting for the sake of freedom of expression, then speak freely. If it’s more of a business and you cater more to the readers, I suppose that’s a little different. Still, be yourself. Don’t change your opinion because you think some people won’t like it. We can’t satisfy everyone either way.
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is how awesome and supportive the community is. Before becoming a blogger, I thought the blogging world was full of people who were focused on making money and blogging as a business (because those were the blogs that I had been exposed to). Once I started, I realized how welcoming and genuine and humble bloggers were. A lot of them are just trying to share their thoughts and experiences and enjoy writing. I was just reading the wrong blogs before.
What is your favorite book or movie? Why?
My favorite book AND movie has and always will be Howl’s Moving Castle. There are mixed reviews but Hayao Miyazaki movies are so powerful to me and Howl’s Moving Castle has to be one of the most powerful in my opinion. It’s incredibly moving, the artwork is gorgeous, and the storyline is mesmerizing. Maybe I am biased and give it too much credit because it’s my favorite, but it really is amazing. I highly recommend watching the movie if you’re not interested in reading the book (of the same name but written by Diana Wynne Jones). This story is about a girl named Sophie who believes her life and her appearance are not at all impressive or extraordinary. She accepts that fact and doesn’t try to change it. However, an unexpected encounter with a wicked witch turns her whole life upside down. She eventually seeks safety in the home (or moving ‘castle’) of the infamous wizard Howl. He’s believed to steal the hearts of girls (literally) and has a not-so-good reputation in the land of Ingary. However, after living with Howl for some time, Sophie realized he’s not what she expected at all. There’s tons more to the movie than that, but I don’t want to spoil too much. Just ! Watch ! It !
What would your dream job be and why?
My dream job would definitely be something that involves traveling (but nothing political). Right now, I’m trying to become an English teacher abroad. However, that’s not really a very permanent or stable career. I would also LOVE to work with animals. If I could incorporate both into one amazing career somehow, that would for sure be my dream come true.
What made you start a blog?
What inspires you to write your blogs?
Mostly my day-to-day life. Also the fact that I’m a writer and always itching to express myself with words. Things that I want to do also inspire me. The blog motivates me to go out and be adventurous, and the adventures motivate me to write about them. Other bloggers also inspire me! I’ll list some in the nominations below!
Would you ever want to blog full-time?
I would LOVE to. If I could make a decent living off of it, I’d totally blog full-time. It’d allow me to travel without worrying about work hours and such. Plus I would get to do something that I enjoy. I don’t know if I’d ever be able to turn this blog into a full-time thing, but I wouldn’t be bothered at all if it did.
How has blogging impacted your life?
Blogging has definitely exposed me to new things. It’s given me something to work on and be passionate about. It has become a way to express myself and to de-stress. It has also introduced me to a new and wonderful community. I’m really happy with my decision to start blogging.
What is your favorite past time?
I’m a guilty YouTube watcher. I spend way too much time watching other people’s lives. I also spend a lot of time on Twitter, but that’s not really my favorite past time. Just something I spend a lot of time on haha. I love just hanging out with my boyfriend. Watching Netflix or random videos with him. Just being a lazy bum in general is my favorite.
- Hunida’s Blog
- Tea Addicts Anonymous
- Hebah Pervaiz
- Bankrupt Beauty
- Everything Eden
- Hello Miss Marie
- Grace Thorough Good Beauty
- In A Messy World
- Glimmer of Happiness
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU
- What kind of blogger are you and why (i.e. lifestyle, beauty, travel, ect.)?
- What’s your favorite song at the moment?
- What bloggers do you look up to?
- In five years, what do you hope to be doing?
- What’s a guilty pleasure you have?